Back to main Intranet
Getting Started in the Paleoclimatology CoLaboratory
Welcome to the Paleoclimatology CoLaboratory research group!
Below are some steps to help you get started.
- All new hires must complete the Responsible Conduct of
Research training and present their certificate of completion prior to being placed on Geology payroll.
- Please review the guidelines
the use of this space.
- See Mike (Chem.
1212B) to set up your login for the computing system.
- See Sandy Romeo
0223) for keys and swipe card access to room 1212. By accepting
you agree to the room use
- Safety is very important when working in the laboratory.
beginning work in the lab, you must:
- Complete the DES
lab safety course. After passing the test, print
confirmation and give it to Becca
- Complete the Geology
questionnaire with Becca
- Since we have many users, it is
essential that everyone consistently follow the protocols that
established. To become trained on any protocol (sample
analyses, etc.), you should:
- Review the relevant protocol.
- Meet with Becca, Mike, or Jay to go over the protocol and
- Watch and take notes as a trainer (probably Becca, Mike, or
Jay) performs the protocol.
- Next, you will perform the protocol as the trainer watches
- Ask questions and continue to practice until you feel
comfortable performing the protocol on your own.
- Remember to always stop and ask questions if anything is
unclear, or if something seems different.
- Take some time to look through the intranet so you
where to find relevant information.